Schedules

So, my son is 8 months old.. Since he's been born his schedule's been on his time and what he wants to do and when he want to go to bed... So now I've decided to I want him on a schedule.. Because everything's so random with him.. And now i want him on my schedule.... How do i change him to go on my schedule???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• lol That depends on how different his schedule is from your schedule. I can tell you that it's MUCH easier when they are younger, because they aren't so set in their ways! Start moving his nap/meal/bed times by 15 minutes in the direction you want them in until you get to where you want. Or since you say it's very random, just set up specified times for meals and then work naps around those - naps are somewhat going to have to be on his "sleep" schedule because some kids need more sleep than others. You need to be very consistent until he gets used to the new schedule and then you can build in some flexibility.

Answer by missanc at 1:45 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• idk. my son was 6 wks early so he was on a schedule from birth, nicu had him eating every 3 hours which he did (except night feedings) until he was about 9 months. he also slept like a clock,. you could tell the time by when he woke up! it was amazing! i didnt know how to get him off the schedule. rather then get him on the schedule. best of luck to you!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:20 PM on Feb. 8, 2010