38 weeks preg, mucus plug or not help plzd lol tmi

i have just been to the toilet for a pee and when i wiped their was a pea sized jelly like discharge , it was clear in colour well a bit cream if thats clear lol no blood in it , will this be my mucus plug or do you get more than a pea size????

happymam2b

Asked by happymam2b at 1:46 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It could be a small portion of your mucus plug, but it's a bit bigger than that. Even then, it could be days or weeks before you're set to deliver.
    midnightshadow2

Answer by midnightshadow2 at 1:47 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• i never had a mucus plug :/ so i cant help ya.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 1:59 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Sounds like at least some of your plug. But even if it is some of or all of it's true that you can still not go into labor for weeks. I lost mine at 36 weeks and didn't have my son for three more weeks...and then I was induced due to my diabetes, I wasn't even close to going into labor on my own
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:59 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• thanks girls, this is my 4th pregnancy and i never lost my plug with the first 2 well that i was aware of but my 3rd it was the same amount like a pea size 4 weeks b4 i gave birth , i just shows how different each pregnancy is
    happymam2b

Answer by happymam2b at 2:15 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Probably some of your plug. Some women (like me) loose it very gradually over a matter of weeks. There is not necessarily a big event. =)
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 2:34 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• like the others said, it really doesn't matter if it was a bit of the plug or just regular discharge because it can't help you know when you will go into labor =) gl!
    Anonymous

• mrsjosey...

Unless you've never been pregnant you did indeed have a mucus plug!

OP as other have said it can come out little by little, in big chunks, or in all at once.
    Anonymous