What kind of sick SHI$ is this?

A U.S. soldier is accused of holding his 4-year-old daughter's head upside-down underwater because she would not recite the alphabet, according to court documents.

Joshua Ryan Tabor, 27, was arrested Sunday, January 31, when police in Yelm, Wash. were responding to a domestic disturbance.

According to court documents, Tabor was "irate, intoxicated and walking around the neighborhood with his Kevlar helmet threatening to break windows." Tacoma News Tribune has more on the abuse:

Tabor spoke to a Yelm police officer and said that he and his girlfriend had "held her down on the counter and submerged her head into the water three or four times until the water came around her forehead and jawline." He said that she was face-up when her head was in the water. He added that they gave this punishment for the 4-year-old "refusing to say her letters."

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 2:04 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Tabor told police that his daughter is afraid of water "and was squirming around trying to get away from the water. Joshua did not act as though he felt there was anything wrong with this form of punishment."

Police say that the girl's back was covered in severe bruises. Tabor's girlfriend, who allegedly participated in the abuse, also told police that when the girl wet herself, she was sometimes forced to sit in urine-soaked clothes.

Multiple outlets have referred to the water abuse and torture as waterboarding, though the Yelm Nisqually News and The Tacoma News Tribune does not use the term.

Tabor was released on $10,000 bail and restricted to Joint Base Lewis-McChord as a condition of his release. Tabor's daughter was placed in Child Protective Services. Yelm Nisqually News reported that the child's grandparents were coming to pick her up.

What is a fitting punishment for these people?
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:04 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• A public hanging.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 2:07 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• i dont know but the worse part of this is that they released him. He needs to be flogged.
    Anonymous

• I think equal punishment is good. They should do the same thing to him while they are intoxicated and out of control and he has to be sober and vulnerable (maybe shackled or something). What an ass.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:07 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• i dont know but the worse part of this is that they released him.

I KNOW!!

I just HATE seeing this type of violence that KIDS are exposed too....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:18 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Sound's like he need's some mental help. Poor kid:(
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 2:19 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

I think so too...but his GIRLFRIEND was there too, WTF is her EXCUSE??

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:26 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Maybe the rat-infested basement of the nastiest prison in the world? One with a constant water drip.

And his girlfriend can join him, for the rest of their pathetic lives.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 2:44 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I agree, public hanging. I have NO mercy for people who abuse kids and animals.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:44 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I agree with Quinn, and I'm willing to volunteer. I'll would be glad to get drunk and out-of-control and beat his lousy ass.

BTW, The girlfriend should be held equally responsible.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 2:44 PM on Feb. 8, 2010