How do you feel about gay people having children, either adopting or having their own?

staceynoel

Asked by staceynoel at 2:05 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Every kid needs loving parents, as long as the 2 love each other, why shouldnt they have kids?
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 2:07 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• The same way I feel about anyone else having or adopting. Everyone has the right to raise and enjoy having children. Every child has the right to a loving home where they are wanted. If they are gay, straight, bi, or trans doesnt matter to me as long as the child is loved and well cared for.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:10 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Children need love and I don't think being gay should matter. Gay people are human too, what makes any one think they can't be parents? As long as there is love, there is no prblem. I know alot of bad parents and they are " straight".
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 2:18 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I rather a gay committed couple who are grown up, have values, have the monetary means, etc. have kids over teenagers having kids.

Anonymous

• I don't see anything wrong with it. As long as the child is going to be loved and cared for properly I don't think the sexual orientation of the person matters at all.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 2:22 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• While I don't necessarily agree with their decision on their sexual orientation, I do think that some of them would make excellent parents and should definitely have the opportunity.

Answer by missanc at 2:23 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I think it sends the wrong message to children about what a family looks like. A family is a married man and woman and children. I know that many don't like that definition today, but that's how God defined it and that is what still stands. Two men cannot produce a child nor can two women. Even foreign countries which used to allow single women to adopt have now put a stop to that practice because they now recognize the need for a two-parent heterosexual family as being better for children.
    Anonymous

• I think that is what is partly wrong with the world today. Everything is so accepted that nobody has morals any more. I think if they were meant to have children together, then they would have been given the parts to make them together.
    Anonymous

• Adn what about the people that did have a child together and tossed to the side? Where were their high upstanding morals anon? That child can't go into a loving committed house because both the parents are gay? BS! Yeah, and her straight parents were such a better choice huh? They didn't even want her/him!

I think they should be able to!!
    rosesNclovers

Answer by rosesNclovers at 3:35 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• No problem with it AT ALL.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:50 PM on Feb. 8, 2010