doubting my religion......any guidance appreciated_For everyone_

Let me give you some background, i was raised baptist but something has never sat right with me. A few months ago i started teaching myself of other religions trying to find something that fits. At first i associated more with some pagan groups. I feel a deep connection with nature. I would love to be apart of that and worship the mother goddess. The thing is the more i doubt christianity the more i feel how could any god or goddess be real. Although i like the idea i feel as though i would be faking it. If anyone has any guidance or would like to share their story i would much appreciate it. What did you do to resolve your own spirituality. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I prayed to God to resolve my spirituality I used to be pagan but there s no doubt in my mind that God is the one and only true God. Why don't you come to God and his word with your questions? I am happy that you are thinking for yourself, :)
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 2:08 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• sorry that youre going through this. Since you've already been in a religion, i'm sure you know about satan and how he can deceive people. Satan doesnt want you to draw close to God. Pray to Jehovah for holy spirit, strength and guidance.

Corinthians 4:4 (King James Version)

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
    Anonymous

• Every since early childhood (as long as I can remember, actually) I had doubted the existence of ANY spiritual realm. By the age of 12 I was SURE, and began exploring other religions for sh!ts and giggles... nothing fit the bill, though I learned to accept and understand others POV- which was definitely gainful.
    By the time I was 15... well, I was no longer even mildly agnostic. I simply could not swallow the un-reality pill of religion anymore. I was raised in the christian zealot home of nondenom parents who church hopped, and attended everything from IHOP meetings, to Messianic ministries. My family could not come to grips with the fact that I did not believe, and tried to "bring me back to the lord"... they have since realized that it is what it is, as sure as I am that they still pray though. It frightens me that they have imaginary friends.

In short, been there, done that- bought the t-shirt. am an Atheist.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:14 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I know how you feel, I was raised baptist and even went to a Baptist Boarding school for most of my teenage years. I've read the bible cover to cover several times and have studied Christianity a lot. When I would speak of my doubts to other believers I was always told to pray about it, but I always felt like I was just talking to a wall...Like you I have studied pagan religions and all sorts of other ones and I find all that very interesting but still I don't think it is for me. I like to call myself a freelance agnostic, I love the thought of a higher power and the after life...But deep inside myself I really don't think any of that is real. I love learning about different religions and different peoples beliefs.
    You will find what works for you eventually. My advice is study other beliefs, go to different services with people who believe different things. If its right you'll know it...If you wanna talk add me...
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 2:15 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• *please grant me grace with my pytos today- I am brewing a horrible headache and couldn't care less about proofreading through my lysdexia.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:15 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I always had doubts, intuitively. I began to trust my gut and then I dove into why it is that human beings think they need a God concept in the first place. It's psychological. I also studied how easily influenced the human mind is, which led me to questioning every spiritual belief I thought I had, and allowed me to look at the origin of those beliefs coupled with the fragility of mind and ego.

I find it far more profound to live consciously aware of my own power in this collective, not divided from one another or a mythological deity of which there is no proof.
    Allow

Answer by Allow at 2:19 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• You do not need any one religion for spirituality. Go with what suits you, seek and you shall find.

Answer by older at 2:29 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I think in the most part everyone in some point in their lives doubt their beliefs... in some cases it makes them stronger in their beliefs that they are in and some times we look for something else...
    I was raised Christian, had my questions and doubts and all answers were never satisfactory to me... It's not that I don't believe in the God mentioned in the Bible, but I believe that there can not be only one... that other cultures had their Gods well before Christianity came to their shores... so for me it wasn't doubting the belief of God, it was doubting that He could be the ONLY one...
    I am Pagan, I follow the Wiccan religion. I believe that you have to have a balance in all things... and that includes Gods/ess.
    You have to follow what's right for YOU and want YOUR heart is telling you... and don't let anyone tell you that you are wrong...

PM me if you like to talk any time..
    May you find what you seek
    Blessed Be...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:33 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I followed my heart and soul.
    I wrote down what I did believe in, for sure.
    I wrote down what I knew I did not believe.

And I studied from there and when I found the things that made sense and felt peaceful to my heart and soul I made them a part of my life.
    Sometimes I wonder if there is a Divine but there is something deep inside of me that just knows there is something.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:02 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• The quiz at beliefnet helped me find the religion that matched me. i am at peace now :)
    Go try it :)
    GDIMOM

Answer by GDIMOM at 4:58 PM on Feb. 8, 2010