do you get mad if your husband forgets Valentines or your Anniversary

I don't understand why some woman get all upset over this...I for one think that Valentines is just another day and I've been married 22years and we both have forgotten our anniversary...I know some woman that get really upset about this..men are terrible with remembering days...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It hasnt happened so I dont know...I probably wouldnt get mad I would be hurt. Valentines in my family is more than just another day, it was my dads birthday and he was a huge fan of Valentines so we always celebrate it, Plus i love the things Dh and I do for valentines the little surprises we leave for each other it is fun.
    My DH is pretty good with remembering dates, now phone numbers and directions thats another story lol.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:14 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• We don't celebreat Valentines day. We do get the kid's something small but nothing for us. After 10 years, we have both forgotten our anniversary a # of times.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 2:15 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I have never gotten upset and I have forgotten our Anniversary too. We don't celebrate Valentines day other than to give our son some chocolates. We don't need a special day to show our love we try to do that daily.

momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 2:16 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I don't get upset over v-day. Yes I'd be upset if he got our anniversairy. its also my birthday! lol. And he's never forgotten it. I think if a man can't bother to remember a birthday and anniversairy then he has some major issues.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 2:16 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Marriage is not the wedding, it is not the anniversary, it is not valentines day........... it is EVERY day..... day in, day out...... THAT is what is important to me.

Anonymous

• my husband remembers valentines the following day ....yeah men dont like asking for directions mine is one of them LOL
    Anonymous

• Personally I would be hurt, even when my husband is out to sea he remembers these days and orders something before he leaves. I did not grow up celebrating holidays and now that I do I am kind of a big kid when it comes to them. If it is no big deal to either of you then it works out. To me it is not the most important thing and despite being hurt life would go on as it did before I celebrated any of them.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:28 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Personally I don't get upset about Valetines Day. I really could careless about the stupid holiday. I beg my husband every year not celabrate it. Our anniversary is a big deal to him as well. I have forgotten about it once and I will never live it down. I honestly don't think its a big deal.

Danielle
    http://www.momsforahealhyhome.com
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 2:30 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• well my husband doesnt even know my birthday...i was born september 6 and he always gets it wrong(june 8).
    our anniversary is on his ring thats the only way he remembers that.
    and valentines day...i dont even bother with it because i know he wont. and he never has remembered any date.
    Anonymous

• I would be upset. This doesn't mean that I expect to wake up to a decorated house, breakfast in bed , a huge bouquet of flowers on the table and gifts, but a card and a "Happy Valentines Day" or "Happy Anniversary" is expected.

This year, like the year before, my husband was gone, and he called to say "Happy Anniversary" but he didn't plan well, and didn't leave a card (I left one in his suitcase between his stack of undershirts with a note to not open until our anniversary). I was a little upset, but when he came home from his trip, he brought me back a wonderful down pillow, and a sweet card to make up for it.

It really is the thought that counts.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 2:37 PM on Feb. 8, 2010