Was this healthy at all?

Earlier I got on the treadmil and walked for 15 mins. at a slow pace. Was this good to eat I had alittle bit of cottage cheese with a banana (that is the only fruit I had) it was pretty good and drank water.

Then mid day I made my dh and I some toast (he works nights) he did not want anything too heavy I had 2 toasts with butter and he had 2 toast with pb&j oh and we drank coffee, cream and sugar.

For later not sure. Probably PIG-OUT...lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Food & Drink

• i would replace the butter with peanut butter instead, skip the sugar in the coffee and use a fat free creamer. As long as the toast was whole wheat your good to go :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:16 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• toast would have been better for you with peanut butter. cottage cheese isn't too bad if it is low fat, and a banana is a superfood. You should be drinking as much h2o as you can (and nothing else- outside of some caffeine if you need it).

You need to be pacing SMALL meals throughout the day, not starving yourself- munch on cut up veggies with fat free yogurt dip (use the plain fat free yogurt to make it instead of sour cream). Eat only whole grains. Have fresh fruit. Do not start on carbs when you are hungry- Have a hand full of walnuts or almonds.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:19 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• yup completely agree with obbydobbie, it is easier than you think to have simple snacks around.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:25 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• what kind of bread?

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:30 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• it really depends on what your health goals are. we do not eat bread with high fructose corn syrup in it, and we do get whole wheat bread. we don't believe that dairy does a body good, in fact we believe that the consumption of dairy triggers an inflammatory response. caffeine is bad for us (unfortunately, this is one of my bad habits as well!). most people don;'t have a problem with one cup a day, just know it is not a healthy food. your body will metabolize food more efficiently if you eat smaller meals throughout the day at regular intervals.
    nuts and raw veggies are very good for you!
    good luck on your raod to better health!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:55 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• First, drink your water! At least 8 8oz glasses a day. Add a glass for every beverage you have with caffeine or alcohol
    Next, eat your fruits and veggies; 7-8 servings a day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Start replacing your white/simple grains (white rice, white pasta, white bread, you get the picture) with whole grains (brown rice, whole wheat pasta, barley, quinoa, whole grain bread, etc.).
    Now cut way back on (or eliminate) meat and dairy. Eat at least one serving of legumes a day: beans, lentils, tofu, etc.
    Eating healthy, combined with the great exercise that you are doing, will have you at a healthy weight in no time.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:26 PM on Feb. 8, 2010