Contractions

Can someone please explain the diffence between braxton hicks contraction and real contraction? I think I'm having braxton hicks or it's just the baby moving the top part of my belly gets really tight, but not my whole belly, also I feel as though she is pushing down, especially when I walking I feel like she is going to fall out Iwas dilated 1cm two weeks ago when I went to the dr.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Real contractions can feel very different from pregnancy to pregnancy and can feel very similar to real contractions. The easiest way to tell is not by how they feel but how they're progressing. Real contractions will not go away....they'll continue whether you sit down, stand up, hydrate, etc. They will also get stronger and closer together over time. If you are having contractions (Braxton hicks or real), drink a full glass of water. If you've been laying down or sitting down, go for a walk. If you've been up and around, lay on your left side (maximum circulation). If they don't go away with a change in position, then start timing them. If they're getting closer together and/or more intense for 2 hours or more, then call your doctor. Good Luck and congrats!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 2:32 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I meant "Real contractions can feel very different from pregnancy to pregnancy and can feel very similar to BRAXTON HICKS contractions. "
    ANGIE409