What kind of Wedding decorations for a restaurant reception?

We won't be having a sit down dinner, a buffet style with pizza, snacks, there will be table and chairs though. It will be at a restaurant right by the bay, so a beach theme could work or blue colors. Wedding is in May 2010!

What kind of decorations would you suggest?

Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• oh... too many variables... It is hard to say with out seeing the venue.

is the restaurant allowing you to decorate?

Anonymous

• What does the restaurant provide? you need to know that first. I had glass bowls with floating candles and a flower ring around the bowl and then we put out wedding favors. I made it all myself so it was very inexpensive.

the restaurant provided linens that matched my colors.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:19 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I believe they will let us decorate, I have seen people decorate for birthday parties and plus they know us, we are regulars at this restaurant. So decorating won't be a problem but I don't want to over do it. Just something simple to add. I don't think they will provide really anything. The glass bowl idea with floating candles sounds great though. And wedding favors. I know that I will have balloons!!!
    MinnieMouse8

Answer by MinnieMouse8 at 2:23 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• you could always do the glass ivy bowls with sand and seashells for the center piece, my brother had candles wrapped in their wedding colors for favors I had spoons with chocolate kisses wrapped in tulle and tag that said a spoon full of kisses from the mr and mrs.

check out oriental trading.com they have a wedding catalog and you can get supplies that are budget friendly.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:23 PM on Feb. 8, 2010