is it normal to have a lot of pain 2 months after an incomplete D&C

I had a D&C in December due to a miscarraige and since have had a lot of pain. is that normal and if i have another D&C will my pain go away?

3508yay

Asked by 3508yay at 2:20 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes go to your doctor... uterine infections can be serious and if let go can be hard to treat. They will most likely want to do another one to make sure nothing was left behind. Goodluck.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 2:36 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• the thing is, they have found out they left part of the placenta but they want to take my left ovary and tie my right tube and i dont want to... i just want to see if they can do another D&C and leave it alone and see if things get better, they did my blood work the other day but havent gotten the results
    3508yay

Answer by 3508yay at 2:43 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Go to a different doctor.
    squish

Answer by squish at 4:16 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• they found out they left a piece of the placenta an you havent gone back into surgery???!

honey, you need to go in right away. my sister almost died that way. you MOST LIKELY have an infection, and could become septic very easily. you nedd to get a different doctor and go in ASAP!

and if you dont want them to tie your tube, then say NO!
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 5:07 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• i am going to a different doc on the 11th of this month, they said the same thing, so i canceled my other apt cause i figured that if they didnt do it right the first time they could do more harm than good the next time around. Thank you to everyone who replied to my post.
    3508yay

Answer by 3508yay at 2:33 PM on Feb. 9, 2010