What time does your child(ren) go to bed and wake up?

Mine goes to bed b/t 7pm and 8pm and wakes up b/t 5am and 6am, which is a schedule I love b/c both DH and I are morning people and enjoy having a few hours for just the 2 of us after she goes to bed. But, every mom I know that lives near me, their LO's go to bed around midnight and wake up around 10:30am. That's just crazy to me! They say I'm crazy for letting my DD wake up so early, but my DH has to get ready for work and when I get a job I will. I don't know what they are going to do when their kids start school 'cause they can't sleep until 10:30. They invite me to girls night a lot or out to dinner as couples and bring the kids along but I can't ever go b/c they don't ever meet until like 7pm and that's just too late for my DD.

ABPeterson

Asked by ABPeterson at 2:33 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• Before mine started school, my son went to bed whenever and got up whenever. About 3 months before school started, we implemented an 8 o'clock bedtime.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:35 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• my 12 y/o is in bed by 9 sometimes he goes to bed early at 8, he is always up by 6 (he has aspergers so his schedule is set in stone has been this way for over 10 years) I try to get himto stay up on weekends to watch movies he always passes out, just the way his body is.

my 9 and 5 y/o got to bed at 9 and are asleep by 10, they are both up at 6 or 6 30 every morning.

My kids are on a pretty decent schedule the little ones dont fall asleep as fast as my oldest but they still get a good amount of sleep.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:37 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• both my kids have the same schedule...DD is 2years and DS is 8 months....they go to bed around 9-9:30pm and wake up around 9:30am. And they both sleep fully through the night.
    Anonymous

• My 12 year old goes to bed at 8 by choice and gets up usually at 6. My 8 and 10 year olds go to bed at 8:30 and I wake them up at 7:00. My 14 month old goes to bed at 7pm and usually wakes up around 7 am. My kids bedtime has always been between 7-8:30 since they were like 6 months old. I don't think letting kids stay up that late is good for them - I don't even stay up that late! And you're right, when they start school it'll be a major change for them.

Answer by missanc at 2:43 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• My kids have had a 7pm bedtime since they were each 1. Before that they stayed up until they fell asleep.
    They are now 9 1/2, 8, 7 and almost 4. The 8yo goes to bed at 8pm but the other 3 still go to bed at 7pm. They are up at 6:45am to get ready for school. We tried the 9yo with the 8pm bedtime, too, but it caused too many problems in the morning (she wasn't getting up on time, screwing around, cranky and was late 4 times in the first 10 days of school).
    On the weekends they usually stay up until 9pm and in the summer they are still outside at 8-9pm because that's when it gets dark, then they come in, get showers, watch a little TV and usually fall asleep around 10pm.
    They are still up between 6-7am most morning on the weekend and in the summer.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:48 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• i would freak if my son was up that early. he is 4, doesnt nap (not since he was 2 yrs old) goes to bed at 9 pm and gets up around 9:30 am....
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:17 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• My oldest... I don't know what time she goes to bed. She's usually up when I go to bed. She's 16, gets herself up for school every day at 630 a.m. and is an Honor student. As long as she maintains her grades we don't quibble about bedtime.

My youngest goes to bed between 1030 and 11 and gets up at 6 every day. She's an Honor student as well.
    TinaN64

Answer by TinaN64 at 3:31 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Down at 8, up at 6:30 on school days. On non-school days, anything goes. They are 9 and 4.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:44 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• all three - 8(9next month), 6.5 and 3.5 are in bed by 7:30 at the latest.

they're up at 7 every day.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:04 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• My nearly 6 yr old goes to bed around 9p, sometimes a bit earlier if he's obviously tired.
    My 3 1/2 and 2 yr olds go to bed between 8-830pm.

My younger two are up around 6a, 630a(ish)if Im lucky. My oldest will get up around 7-730am.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:51 PM on Feb. 8, 2010