motivation for losing weight?

anyone have any things that helped motivate them? like as in treating yourself to something or buying something? what motivated you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• If i exercise or hang out without a shirt on, that's motivation enough, yuk! rolls!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:39 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• a photo is a good motivation for me.

also something like putting $1 for every lb. lost in a jar or something that you can just spend on what ever you want to later.

Anonymous

• The way I feel after excercising is what motivates me, not to mention how I look! Feeling flexible and fit is my main motivation, I also enjoy what I do, just recently discovered weight lifting, and I am totally hooked!!! finding something you enjoy doing will help with the motivation.

Answer by older at 2:40 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Well what's motivating me now is I'm a matron of honor in a wedding in May and my dress is a little too tight so I'm trying real hard to look good in that dress by May, so that's my motivation. LOL, then after the wedding my DH and I are going to TTC, so I'll be getting all big again.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 2:40 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I agree the way i feel after a workout motivates me to keep going i love how i feel afterwards, my head is clear.

My motivation for getting started? That's easy I wanted to be healthy, i knew my habits were very unhealthy and i realized i was following inmy moms footsteps and i wanted to stop that cycle, I dont want my daughter to have these bad habits 30 years from now. Yes i wanted weight loss also but my main goal was heath, i founf if i focused on being healthy and having healthy habits the weight loss came easily.

I started with a goal of 5 weeks in that 5 weeks i turned my eating habits, and excercise habits around and now its second nature to me. My long term goal was giving my self a full year to accomplish my weight loss that way i dont feel pressured and i do cheat and eat things i shouldnt once a week it keeps me sane and i never feel deprived.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:35 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Besides what everyone else has said, get a workout buddy. You need that accountability. You might not mind letting yourself down, but you're less likely to let someone else down :)
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 5:21 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• How about living long enough to be a grandparent

Answer by rkoloms at 8:23 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I have a "workout outfit" that I wear for working out... and I take before & after pics ... the after pics are taken every 3 weeks, so I can SEE my progress!

Also I have virtual workout buddies and on line chats with folks working towards the same goals as me. Getting healthy and working out. There is also a chart that I can log my stats into ... As many others have said, accountability and a buddy helps alot.

You can get workout buddies and access to chats and some really good tips and motivation for FREE at my beachbody website. If you want the link just shoot me an email.
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 10:39 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Being able to fit well in my my pre pregnancy jeans!
    brynnlang

Answer by brynnlang at 5:03 PM on Feb. 9, 2010