has anyone took metformin to get pregnant

My dr put me on metformin to loose weight and to help conceive. I was just wondering if anyone had any sucess taking metformin and getting pregnant

doodles669

Asked by doodles669 at 2:42 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Well Metformin is neither a fertility drug nor a weight loss drug but it can help regulate things so that you are able to concieve.

It's used in women who have PCOS that are insulin resistant. When you insulin resistant you can pack on the pounds if your not on a special diet. Being insulin resistant can also mess with your hormone levels which can keep you from ovulating.

Metformin is best when combined with the drug Clomid when a women is TTC but sometimes does regulate things enough for a women to get pregnant her own without the assistance of fertility drugs.
    Anonymous