If you graduated from college

Do you use perfect grammar and spelling?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Not always, but pretty close.

Answer by missanc at 2:48 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Pretty close to perfect. It helps that I taught elementary school and had to teach all the rules, so they're something I practice as well.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:49 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I do make some mistakes.
    Anonymous

• No one is perfect, but I use proper grammar and spelling most of the time.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 3:01 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• nope. ive been typing w/o capitalizing the first letters of sentences & the letter "i" for years. and it actually saved me a lot of grief once! i had a pissed off ex-BF who emailed my new BF & my mom (posing as me) and wrote all sorts of nasty things. luckily, they both knew it wasnt me b/c i never use proper capitalization. i try to use "good" grammar & do my best to spell words correctly, but those things effect the way ppl understand me, capitalization does not.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:06 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• No, I don't. My writing style switches back and forth from technical writing to AP style. My s/o has a PhD. His grammar and spelling is "rediculous". That's how he spells it.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 3:17 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• That depends on if I'm writing formally or not; Informally, I don't mind starting a sentence with "but," or "and."

But (there you go), I always try to keep my grammar up enough to maintain the meaning of the sentence I intended. The famous joke about a how a panda bear eats, shoots, and leaves is a perfect example of how a little bad grammar can completely alter a sentence.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 3:23 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• no! i have always had poor grammar and spelling!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:39 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Yeah, I try my bestest.
    haysmum

Answer by haysmum at 3:42 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• fo shizz.
    Anonymous