Is it a good thing to be this sore????

i workout 4-5 times a week with weights & 30-45 min cardio. I did a 25 min. workout video at home & was so sore for days. i didn't think it would make me that sore since i workout so much! It was the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred video!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• any time you work new muscles it will be sore and many times starting a new excercise if your not used to changing it up often can make you sore. Also have you increased your weights at all recently? I had to bring my weights back down a bit when i added a new excercise into the mix.

You really only need the weights 3 times per week, doing it more often isnt better, it just ups your chances of injury.

Like I said if your not used to changing up your workouts then your body is going to be sore , that is why its a good idea to vary your workouts and change them around every few weeks. Also keep an eye on how much your doing per day that can make a huge impact on how sore you are.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:28 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I agree with the previous poster. Anytime you change it up you are probably going to be sore, it happens to me all the time. She's also right about lifting weights 3 times a week. Just do cardio on the other days :) Make sure you're doing lots of stretching, and get lots of good lean protein, it will help with the soreness :)
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 5:19 PM on Feb. 8, 2010