why would any "parents" put a 5 years old in the front seat of a car?

My daughter is 7 years old and i would never let her ride in the front seat of a car. I seen this "mother" let her kindergartner in the front seat. god, people do not see how dangerous that is.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• sadly, parents are not alway smart... I've seen my parents neighbors do it too...
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:52 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• there is nothig u can do about it. cant change what anyone does with there kids. you can have all the opinions in the world, but it will not change anything. everyone does things differently with there kids. and if it make you feel better, bicker about it like you are now. still wont change anything.
    Anonymous

• because they might not know better
    or they might not care
    i really am amazed that anyone can do that without getting pulled over
    you can do something... get the licence # and call her in. if she picks the kid up from your school you know where she will be at that time of the day. it is bitchy and nosey but it is in the best interest of a child's safety.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:16 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Because taking the time to read that warning on the visor is just too hard. I HATE when parents do this, of my top 10 pet peeves this is probably #2. I see it all the time and i am still just amazed with all the information out there and with how many times you hear it over and over that anyone would still put their kids in the front seat.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:21 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• There is no warning on the visor of my car. Except about rear facing car seats.

A better question is why do people think it's their business to critique other parents? Esp. when NO ONE here is perfect by ANY means.

FYI, many cars today have passenger air bags that shut off automatically when the person sitting in the passenger seat is below a certain weight. My car does. So, perhaps you should be quiet and my your own business unless you know all there is to know about the other person and their car.
    TinaN64

Answer by TinaN64 at 3:29 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• i have done it before, when our van was in the shop and we only had my dh's truck. it holds 4 passengers and a driver...that is me and all my kids...so i put the oldest in the front seat. we don't always do it, only when we have to...and even then we only drive with all kids when we have to. i didn't want my son to miss school b/c our car was being repaired!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:37 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I thought the main concern was the airbags? If there is not an airbag it isn't as big of a deal.
    Anonymous

• I thought that anyone under 12 had to be in a booster in the back seat... Is it just my state?
    Anonymous

• I saw a little girl, about 6 or 7, standing up in the back seat hanging half of her body out of the window the other day. Shocking.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 4:37 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• How do you know they don't have the capability to turn the airbag off? It's legal to put a child in the front seat, or even in a truck seat, so long and the proper restraints are used and the passenger side airbag is turned off. The closer you are to the middle -back seat, middle position, is the safest. That doesn't necessarily mean it's unsafe to put them somewhere else.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 5:45 PM on Feb. 8, 2010