I have sores in the vaginal area (lips) what could this be?

This is embarrassing but, I am 30 weeks pregnant, and have recently noticed excessive discharge. IT started itching a lot and now i have sores all around the lips of my vagina. This is extremly itchy and uncomfortable I dont know what this could be. I have never had sex besides with my hubby, and neither has he. Has anyone else ever experienced this? Please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• sounds like a bad yeast infection that you have itched raw.
    but could also be an STD.
    get a Dr. to check it out.
    Anonymous

• go see an obgyn
    Anonymous

• could be an STD hope u are 100 percent sure your hubby isnt messing around
    Anonymous

• I am 100% sure neither of us have messed around, im very nervous? please any other advise?
    Anonymous

• LIkely you rubbed yourself raw with the itching. you could have a yeast infrection or a bacterial infection. call your OB so you can get some medicine to clear it up
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:57 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Could be Herpes.
    Don't freak out...1 in 4 people have it. Doesn't mean foul play.
    This type of virus can lay latent in the body for years and you (or anyone else) may never see signs of it until the body and immune system becomes compromised in some way...ie. pregnancy/illness etc.

It needs to be checked out.
    Whatever it is, good luck to you and remember..you are not alone.
    LaborofLife

Answer by LaborofLife at 2:58 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Yeah. it does sound a lot like herpes. Get to your ob/gyn ASAP.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't freak out and think it is Herpes- It sounds more like a really bad yeast infection. If you wear panty liners, or panties which are not 100% cotton that will make it worse by trapping moisture and breeding the yeasty mess.

I have had several yeast infections which have left me literally RAW. if the discharge is milky or looks a little like snotty egg/cottage cheese... it is a yeast infection. Don't freak!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:09 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Herpes, according to my mother some stds don't show up for awhile, i'm not sure about herpes though and depending on if it didn't show up, so no one got checked and now that you've been faithful and depending on how long the relationship with your s.o has been, then could be herpes...I had clymedia for ever and didn't think because he got checked all time in the military, but the military on checks for hiv and hep etc. so neither of us thought we has anything, till it started burning when I peed while I was pregnant. What do you know I has clymedia and who knows how long? i was so mad at myself and my hubby but we couldn't pin it on anyone and to be fair although sex was protected with our previous partners condoms dont protect you 100%
    Anonymous

• Sounds like herpes to me.
    Anonymous