Stay at home mom vs. Working Mom, which is harder?

Please say which you think is harder and why, be sure to include the mental and physical aspects of the things you do, whether you stay at home or you are on the working field.

not-so-des-hw

Asked by not-so-des-hw at 2:52 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• LIKE I SAID "It's just for fun, and if you're not going to answer it then don't waste a post. Everyone in their right minds respects both because all situations and circumstances are different. " Just because it says "VS" doesn't mean it's a competition, I was simply using it as a part of speach to contrast, and if I wanted anyone's opinion on THAT, I would have asked about THAT. There will be no "winner" because people have different feelings about BOTH. SOME ppl like that they don't miss their kids all day, SOME people need a break from them. There's days that I need them all day, there's days I'd like to take off by myself for a few hours. If anything I'm combing the line AWAY between sahm and working mothers because I know it's something I get asked all the time.
    not-so-des-hw

Answer by not-so-des-hw at 3:13 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• being a mom is not a competition
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:53 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Neither. I dont think either is harder than the other. and both deserve to be respected
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:54 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I've done both, and honestly, IMO SAHM is the hardest for me. With work, I got out of the house, had some ME time, and adult conversations and such. My job was a CSR over the phone for a bank though, not strenuous. Being a SAHM to 2 toddlers is harder on me because I have no ME time, we recently moved so I don't know anyone in the area, it's just me the kids all day every day.
    Anonymous

• It's just for fun, and if you're not going to answer it then don't waste a post. Everyone in their right minds respects both because all situations and circumstances are different.
    not-so-des-hw

Answer by not-so-des-hw at 2:58 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• They are both hard. I'm a SAHM and I feel like I have no life whatsoever. I feel like I'm at my job 24 hours a day. I'm about to go back to school which is going to make it even harder. Working moms do their 8 hours or however many hours they work then come home and start their second and third jobs. I don't see the need to make a competiton out of this.
    Anonymous

• The one you have been forced to do. The one that is not your choice. The one that you chose because you felt you had to.

Anonymous

• I'm a SAHM and I think Working moms have it harder. They have to deal with stress at work and home.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 3:01 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• For ME? Staying home is harder. I work harder at home than I do in BOTH my current jobs put together. Probably because my at home work is always the same...do the laundry, do the dishes, try to organize something or other...I don't LIKE doing the at home stuff so it's harder.

I LIKE writing for a living so for me that's EASY.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:02 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I do both right now. I have my own business and pretty much run the administrative part of it from home so that I CAN stay home with my son. I am blessed and fortunate for that oppurtunity. Which one is harder? I know I am exhausted from both everyday (LOL) and I dont think I could do one without the other, I've been doing it this way for so long now. I believe that which ever one you do it has its own rewards and grievences. Either way we are taking care of our children and our families the best way we know how and thats whats important!
    Luciens_Mom

Answer by Luciens_Mom at 3:04 PM on Feb. 8, 2010