Agree or disagree?

We are
insignificant specks,
an accident of evolution,
no more or less "special" than any other creature(s) in the universe.

Even though we can achieve great things,
our existence alone does make us great.

And anyone who believes otherwise
is arrogant and delusional.

Agree or disagree?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• sugahmamma

I definitely disagree. That is complete b/s. That was obviously written by someone who sees the glass as half empty.
    ~~~~

I really don't understand why people see it that way.

But anyway, agree completely.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 2:48 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Disagree.
    lanimommy81

Answer by lanimommy81 at 3:26 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• disagree
    Anonymous

• I would agree up until the last line. I do think that on the grand scale of things, my little life is utterly meaningless. Even if I manage to make as big a name for myself, as say Alexander the Great, and I am remembered for centuries after my death, eventually the universe will forget me. The planet will be destroyed, human beings will become extinct, and all that there ever was for us will be lost. But, in the here and now, my life is full of meaning. For those who love and depend on me, and for those that I love and depend on. I don't care that in the end it is all for nothing. On the contrary that just makes me want to strive to make it that much better while it lasts.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 3:44 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• disagree, i'm pretty sure God loves His children more than lets say a seal.
    Anonymous

• Agree. Except I would say arrogant OR delusional. But other than that, yes - 100% agree.
    Anonymous

• I disagree and I do not believe in a God concept.
    We are energy condensed in the physical. Energy is extremely significant. Energy manifests itself into physical, whether or not that is intentional or accidental is unknown and doesn't matter. Energetic equality is, yes. Vibrational frequencies differ, yet none are better or worse, just different. "Special" is a term used by the ego to describe hierarchy that is illusory.

Achievements in the physical are only seen as achievements by ego. Energy naturally and inevitably creates, it doesn't stop to consider anything as an achievement. Existence is profound, period. Not more profound than anything else, nor less.
    Beliefs that take man away from the profundity of his neutral & infinite self, are the result of false conditioning, causing man to live unconscious and delusional, but this doesn't always manifest as arrogance.
    Allow

Answer by Allow at 3:49 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• we are parasites on earth.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 3:55 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• We are children of God.

We have great value, not because of anything we do, but because of His love, and the love we give each other.
    Anonymous

• Disagree...and I feel pity for the writer.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 4:14 PM on Feb. 8, 2010