shhhh.... been daydreaming

Ive been daydreaming of running away for a bit. Not that I dont love my hubby and kids... but after 15 yrs of being a sahm Im ready for some alone time. Id love to hop a plane (no one telling me they are uncomfortable, asking how much longer, spilling on me). I want to go to a hotle alone (sleep in the MIDDLE of the bed, order roomservice for ONE, eat on MY time schedule). I want to walk through a down town BY MY SELF. (not worring who might get hurt, who might get lost, who doesnt want to wear their coat, who is cold, who is tired). I want to go where I want to go... see what I want to see... eat when I am hungry and not worry about who doesnt eat that or who wants what. I want to be alone with MY thoughts.

Oh.... I just want a couple back to back days OF MY OWN.

What do you day dream about???????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I daydream about a better life! My DH having a great job that he loves and makes good money at and we would be out of debt and living close to family and have lots of friends and my DH and I have more children and I could have a part-time job where I could be home when my kids got home from school and Ahhh maybe one day, but for now its just a daydream...
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 3:28 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I daydream about meeting and falling in love with a great guy... one who is awesome with my son and awesome with me... kinda like one of those fairy tales. I want my prince lol.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 3:39 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• lol i daydream about the same as you sometimes...yes...even WITHOUT my hubby!! i dream about having this HOT body and walking around in places then some guy comes up and all he wants is to get in my pants. i tell him "im married" and he walks away...i have yet to dream about some man who'd actually want to listen and want to be my friend and doesnt care if he ever gets a chance with me.

i also dream about having friends who'd love to visit me and go out with me rather then me wanting more kids to fulfill my free time
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:02 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• So you are lucky enough to be able to stay at home, and all you want to do is whine about petty things?
    Try looking at the poor people who are losing their homes due to the economy......Sad.
    Anonymous

• Well that sounds heavenly! I daydream about sleeping through the night. I can't remember any time in the last 20 years that I've made it all the way through a night, uninterrupted, waking up on my own schedule. Oooh that would be bliss.

Ignore Anon:13. Everyone deserves daydreams. They're free and don't hurt anyone.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:26 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I think the last anon is just jealous that you are able to stay home because they are not able to. With the in mind since they are not able to they do not understand the rut that you can get in when you stay at home and do the same things day in and day out and never feel like you ever get out of the house.
    I daydream that my husband is not in the Navy and that we have a normal life where he goes to bed with us and wakes us with us ever morning. It is worse around holidays. I think that daydreaming is a constructive way of getting away from where you are at the moment. I don't think what you are day dreaming about really seems that unreasonable. Since my little ones are tiny I daydream that I do not have someone touching me, pulling on me, or sitting on me 24 hours a day. I never thought that I was claustraphobic. There are time when Mommies no matter if they are stay at home or working Mommies just need a break!!!
    Anonymous

• I dream like you do except on a larger scale. I want my own apartment!
    Anonymous