Is this hamburger meat still good??

I just don't know how to tell if it's good, LoL. I got it last week, put it in the freezer like always. When I got it out to thaw, and it was all thawed out, hubby brought home dinner, so I put it in the fridge to make the next night and still haven't got to make it. So it's been in the fridge for about 5-6 days. Is it good still in the fridge, or do you have to keep it frozen til you use it?? And please don't say smell it, I think hamburger meat stinks in the first place, so I won't be able to tell if it's good or bad that way. LoL. I was a vegitarian for 10 years and just never learned these things. Sorry for the dumb question!

Rachell9503

Asked by Rachell9503 at 3:27 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Food & Drink

• google says it's bad if it's sticky or tacky and has a BAD smell
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 3:29 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I would toss it.
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 3:31 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• toss it
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:36 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Thanks ladies!!!
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 3:44 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• One time I had a leftover hamburger from when we barbequed. It was in the fridge for a few days, I forgot about it. Then I wanted to throw it out, but garbage wasn't coming for 4 days, so I just kept it. It was getting a little gross. I had to work late one night and MY HUSBAND COOKED IT FOR MY SON!! He was fine, I was a little grossed out, I never told my husband what happened. Bottom line is, it's probably fine, but I would throw it out too.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:07 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I'd toss it.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:09 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Toss it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:37 PM on Feb. 8, 2010