teacher bashing?

In another question someone mentioned that there was a lot of teacher bashing on cm? I haven't seen this myself, but WTF?? WHY would bash teachers?? Am I missing something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have not seen a lot of it either. I think Teachers rock!
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 3:31 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Haha.. I read that too and didn't realize that people were teacher bashing! lol
    PeytonsMom21109

Answer by PeytonsMom21109 at 3:31 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I read that and thought, I haven't see that on here! Thought I was missing something.
    Anonymous

• I read people bashing more of the way the school system is set up and HOW we teach..not actual teachers..maybe that was the intent?!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:39 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• That is a false accusation. There are a lot of homeschoolers on here who dislike the school system and some people who have problems with specific teachers, but not overall teacher bashing.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 3:56 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• There is a lot of teacher bashing on here. Maybe I notice it a lot because I am a teacher., though I am not currently in a classroom. I can totally see both sides of the fight, being that I've had issues with my own kids' teachers. Many people don't realize that teachers don't do what the parents think they should because they (the teachers) are not allowed.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:24 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• ive seen moms bashing their kids teacher (some for good reason, some for bad reasons) and lots of ppl bashing the public school & their way of doing things, but never all teachers. the OP where that was said was mad b/c the article made it out to be teacher's deciding not to teach something...but the majority of admins in education were once teachers, so maybe thats where the confusion comes from.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:32 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I think I notice it more because my daughter is a teacher and believe me if she could change things she would.
    Anonymous