Can I use left over Queso Dip to make enchiladas?

I love cheese enchiladas and love it when they have cheese sauce on them as well but have never found a good cheese sauce. Well we made Queso dip for the Super Bowl yesterday and have plenty left over. So I was wondering can I use the dip for enchilada sauce? Would I have to make the dip thinner with milk to make it work better?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Food & Drink

• mmmm sounds good and i'd spoon it in cold to make it easier to use.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 3:33 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I wouldn't thin it with milk. Just make enchiladas like you normally do but top them with half the enchilada sauce then pour over the cheese then bake.

Now I really want queso dip...
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:49 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I don't know what queso dip is, but since queso is spanish for cheese, I would guess that it is a cheese dip. This is the enchilada recipe that I use; you can decide if your dip will work. Zucchini and Cheese Enchiladas
    8 corn tortillas
    Olive oil
    2 med. zucchini, sliced
    1/4 c. onion, chopped
    1 sm. can green chili
    1 can whole pitted black olives
    1/2 to 3/4 lb. Monterey Jack cheese (I use less cheese and mix it with 1 to 1.5 cups of refried beans)
    Enchilada sauce (recipe follows for homemade sauce)
    Saute zucchini and onions in olive oil. Pour some sauce in the bottom of an oven proof 8 x 11 x 2 inch dish. Heat the tortillas one at a time for approximately 30 seconds in the microwave long enough to soften so they roll without breaking. Too hot or too long, then they get too stiff).

cont.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:15 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Dip warmed tortillas into sauce. Fill with small amounts of zucchini mixture, cheese, olives and chili. Roll the enchilada and place in dish. When you have filled the dish with 8 enchiladas, top the dish with the remaining cheese, olives and chili. Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the entire dish. Bake 15 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
    Enchilada Sauce
    1/2 c. onion, chopped
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1 tbsp. olive oil
    1/2 c. vegetable stock
    1 c. tomato puree
    2 tsp. chili powder add more if desired to suit taste
    1 tsp. cumin
    Salt and pepper, to taste
    Saute onion and garlic in oil. Add the remaining ingredients, bring to a boil an simmer for about 1/2 hour. (1 can tomato paste can be substituted for the tomato puree. Add water until you reach the consistency that you like)

Answer by rkoloms at 8:16 PM on Feb. 8, 2010