How do I handle a screaming 3 yr old little girl???????

If she get's in trouble she screams. If I ask her to go to bed she screams. The worste part is that she is so load you can hear her echo in the neighborhood!!!!

Thr33kids

Asked by Thr33kids at 3:31 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I had that child while taking him out of the store yesterday.. although he just turned 2, I feel I am in store for some strong fits ahead of me... ugh... too bad I quit smoking..lol!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:35 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• ignore it. eventually she wil get bored of doing it
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 3:38 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• when my dd was little we turned it into a song and now she sings karaoke at age 22.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 3:48 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• try soap in her mouth,lol jk but who knows it might work.
    Anonymous

• I don't smoke either. I have egnored it. I do all the time. But she is so loud the neighbors can hear her and it sounds like some one is beating her. I'm affraid some one will call CPS on me :(
    Thr33kids

Answer by Thr33kids at 4:11 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• lol my daughter is a screamer too.. wen she was like 1 she would scream bloody murder when i was washing her hair, if the tiniest bit of water touched her face it was OVER! so i just told the neighbors if it sounds like im beating her shes probly just getin a bath... but for the most part she will grow out of it.. mines 3 now and still likes to throw a scream in here and there.
    rahrahsmama

Answer by rahrahsmama at 10:32 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• My 2 1/2 year old is a screamer too. I very calmly tell her that I understand that she is upset/angry/frustrated (whatever fits thesituation) but if she wants to scream, it needs to be done in her room. Sometimes I have to physically take her there, other times she'll run there on her own. Then when she's over it, she'll come out and hug me and we'll continue on with our day.
    Jayme

Answer by Jayme at 8:14 AM on Feb. 10, 2010