how many of you have ever put a dent in your car?

i'm 22, and i just got my drivers license in december. i haven't had any problems until today. i was visiting my brother at his appartment and when i left and was backing out, the left front side by the headlight hit this cement pole. the light is ok, but there is a dent in the car now. i don't know what to do, i'm kinda freaking out. i mean, the car was my husbands old car, and it has two other really big dents in in from when he drove it , but i'm kinda scared to tell him i put one in the car. i feel like he is going to be mad at me. he might not be cause he has done it. i don't know. i was just wondering if any of you guys hit anything or put a dent in your car when you first started driving. i feel like i don't want to drive anymore now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• rolling on floor NO.... Not me.  I have never put a dent in my car.  But that pole... that pole put one hell of a dent in the rear bumper of my little red mini van.  It was the poles fault I tell ya... all its fault!

Anonymous

• I have put a couple of dents in my cars! lol Dh says I have a problem backing out, which I do. My back bumpers are always scratched and dented. But, I will add, I have never hit another car or have been in an accident that was my fault. I have mainly backed into snow banks and such, things that shouldn't have been there to begin with! lol
    Anonymous

• nearly everybody does it at some point. we were in a t-bone collision in 2006, the car flipped and landed in a ditch. it was more than a little bumped up.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 3:39 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• JCs that's so scary. I had a t-bone collision a week to the day after I got my license at 17. I was driving a 96 Nissan Altima and got hit by a 70s model Cadillac. Not a scratch or dent on them, but it bent the chassis of my car all to heck. Over $5k to fix it, and even then it was never quite the same.

A dent... not a big deal. Depending on where its at an auto body place may be able to pop it back out again.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:45 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I have dented my car, its no biggie honey.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 3:45 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• unfortunately with my minivan yes - and dh's jeep (SHHHHHHH)

but my new truck - NO.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:49 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• WEll my trash can got in my way a few weeks ago and broke a part in the back door of my mini van, DH has to replace it he just looked at me and said "you know thats coming out of your part of the tax refund right?" then he laughed at me because i was so mad i hit it, he thoguht it was funny then went to the dealership the next morning to order the part.

Eh it happens, my Dh hit my car once ohhhhh i was so mad lol now i laugh about it.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 4:02 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I got a dent the size of a tree on the side of my car once... it was my favorite car (1988 Mustang) so I was broken hearted. Still am after 7 years. =[ Totaled the poor thing. I was trying not to hit a deer. I should have hit the dammed thing!

I think a minor scratch or dent happens to everyone at some point. Just be more careful!

Oh, and my stbx ran into one of my cars once in front of our house! He was sooo scared I was going to be mad it was funny! The bill from the body shop wasn't funny though. =O
    FroggyFeet

Answer by FroggyFeet at 4:08 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I tore up the side of our van several years ago. I was tired and pulling into our parking space but they were doing work on the house behind us. There was a huge dumpster next to my spot and the workers had parked their truck super close. I was so busy worrying about hitting their truck that I didn't realize I was too close to the dumpster and tore the trim off the side and tore the door all up.
    My husband couldn't stop laughing and hasn't let me forget it (it was like 3 1/2 years ago). Never mind he has done more damage to both our vehicles over the years. He put a huge dent in the driver door by opening it into a pole and dented the rear door of our van by backing into something.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:09 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Done more than that LOL.
    I dented it by accidentally backing into another car in a store parking lot within the first year of having my license. I swear its like everyone does LOL.

My other accidents werent my fault and involved a couple of fender benders(one lady didnt look while she applied lipstick)and then 2 that left my car totalled.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:15 PM on Feb. 8, 2010