Is there anyone out there with this same problem??

I have not worked since Dec and Im now 8 months pregnant and my boyfriend works and pays all the bills that great. But when he gets home he goes straight to the computer and pays me no mind. Im sitting at home alone all day and bored out of my mind and he comes home and on the dang computer all night. I feel like he loves the computer more than me. Same thing on the weekends its like he is addicted to the computer......

MommyReRe3

Asked by MommyReRe3 at 3:44 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Is he a gamer?
    Anonymous

• Talk to him and tell him how you feel about him on the computer all the time and you would like someone to talk to.
    Anonymous

• Most of the time he is on facebook and ebay stuff like that..... Ive talked to him about it so many times he says it calms him from a ruff day at work
    MommyReRe3

Answer by MommyReRe3 at 3:50 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Sounds to me that you need to speak up and let him know that you are home all day long and when he gets in you would like to talk with him and see how his day was. Is he showing any feelings about the baby on the way or is that just that same as he treats you? Speak up and let him know how you feel.
    Anonymous

• No he is excited about the baby he will have me sit next to him while he is on the computer and rub on my belly
    MommyReRe3

Answer by MommyReRe3 at 3:53 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I think it's important for guys to have a little decompression time after work, BUT there is a such thing as moderation for that decompression time.

I wouldn't try to get him off the computer entirely, but I would try enforce things like dinners being eaten at the table without TV or electronics on - you might as well get in that habit now before the kid comes.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 3:56 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• my usband does the same, ill be looking for some answers!
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 4:03 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I think some decompression time is fair, but ask him how long he thinks that should take and if he can agree to stick to that. My DH likes to come home and wants to change and wash up from his day, have a cup of coffee, etc, but that can't go on for hours on end, so I asked how long do you need and then told him I wanted to stick to that. It's not like I set a timer but sometimes I do say, "Hey, you've been home for more than half an hour, can you come help me with this?" or something to remind him. It's easy to get online and soon an hour has gone by and you don't even realize it. Also, in a month or so your time alone will be greatly reduced so remind him to take advantage of some couple time before the baby comes. It would be good to work this out now because once the baby is here you will really need his help and attention when he gets home, so you can have a chance to decompress too.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:21 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Thankfully no. Dh comes straight home to sit on the floor and play with our 2 kids while I finish up dinner. Have a sit down and a heart to heart, remind him that you only have a few days before you go from just being a couple to being parents. Make these changes now or it's going to suck when the baby arrives and after watching the baby all the day, your boyfriends sits on the computer while you are caring for the baby ALONE.
    Anonymous

• Maybe if you schedule some time together that is for the two of you. He's gonna have to get used to spending less time on the computer with a baby on the way... talk to him about limiting and scheduling that time so he can be available to you as well as have time for himself. Use his computer time to do something for you alone...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 5:47 PM on Feb. 8, 2010