Where can I take my toddler to meet other toddlers?

Someone once told me about a Toddler Jumboree (spelling?) but when I google it, I just come up with toddler clothing sales. So what is it called, the places you take your toddler to meet and play with other toddlers?

SpiritedTigress

Asked by SpiritedTigress at 3:48 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• library, science museum, mommy and me groups. also i think you are talking about "gymboree play and music". there are a variety of gyms like this and you can find local ones on the "mommy and me" website.
    Anonymous

• library story time
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:49 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I think they probably meant Gymboree. In some places Gymboree has classes for young children, but I think this is mostly in more metropolitan areas. You can sometimes find toddler/preschool or Mommy and Me classes through your local parks & recreation department, and some of those are free. Classes for dance or tumbling are sometimes available for younger children, but not usually for toddlers under 18 months or 2 years. Library story time, local parks, children's museums, etc are places you might find other toddlers. Where i live there is a place with bounce houses called Jump N' Jungle that has a time one day a week specifically for preschool and toddler aged children. Also, check with your local CafeMom group to see if anyone ther has any suggestions. GL!

Anonymous