Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need more advice.

Yesterday I posted about how my fiance said he hated my son from a previous relationship while ds was in the car. I decided I do want to leave him but don't know how to get started. I have gone to dshs and was given nothing. I went to a place where they help with rent but I was put on a waiting list. What else can I do? I need help. I have no money in the bank. I'm working for a job making 8.55 per hour so saving is extremely hard. What can I do? Thanks!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (8)
  • Have a mom and dad you can move in with for a bit?

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

  • Do you have any family or friends who can help you get out on your own? at least let you stay wiht them for a bit? because its not good for your son to be around someone like this, it is gonna hurt his self esteem

    Answer by sati769leigh at 4:08 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

  • I think dhsh will only help if your so is out of the picture...they take all income in the house into consideration...if you're on your own you can probably get foodstamps and possibly $$ as well. Go to craigslist under housing and you will find people advertising for roommates..I bet you can find something temporary there..remember it will just be a temporary fix, it doesn't have to be perfect it just has to be a place for you and your son to be safe from emotional abuse...also want to say good for you for taking action...just a terrible thing for a child to be told he is hated, just heart goes out to you hun, good luck ((HUGS)))

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

  • Pick up the phone and dial 211. It's a national social services hotline number and will connect you to help in your area. You might be able to get some emergency shelter.

    Answer by gdiamante at 4:12 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

  • Do you have any family in the area? I would calling someone that you maybe able to stay with for a while. OR use your taxes to move. There are places that you can go to and they will put you in a place ASAP Speak up and tell them you nned to get out NOW tell them the place your in is not safe for you or your child. Your best bet is going to a family member or a friend. This is the time where you will know who your true friends are.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

  • Nope I've screwed up so much over the past few years that no one wants to help me and the few who might aren't in the position to do so. I should also add that I just moved away from everyone I know and the only people I know in this town are my fiances family and a few of his friends.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

  • Call the 211 number that a pp suggested.. Let them know that you are seeking emergency shelter. They will connect you with resources in you area. Let them know that you are with someone who is being mentally and emotionally abusive towards your ds. Regardless of what you have done in the past there should be some place that can take you in temporarily. My ex-mil runs a home in my state that is for women and their children who have been abused or addicted to drugs or alcohol. The women are allowed to stay rent free as long as they follow the rules and pay for their own daily care and food. It is funded by a church. Hopefully there is something similar in your area. After reading your post yesterday I believe you are making the right choice. Remember, you are stronger than you will give yourself credit for! Good luck!

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

  • Go back to dshs and ask for a list of local shelters in your area, tell them you are a victim of domestic abuse and need a safe place for you and your child.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Relationships
How do I get my libido back?

Next question overall (Trying to Conceive)
Sex drive