where do you go for help when the system fails?

Quick version- My sd is being physically/emotionaly abused by bm. My dh has been in custody battle ad in contact with cps for over a yr. and half. There have been bruises, she has slept in cars, and her mother verbally bashes her. The last masters hearing cps told my dh that he was making this all up and if he didnt stop they would find a way to take away his visitation. Now my sd claims her friend was inappropraitely touching her. Which my dh did complain at one time about thier relationship and nothing was done. Her therapist believes us but says she cant take sides in custody battle. She has also made her own report with cps. So far no change. We do have a lawyer but honestly it hasnt helped us. Im unsure of where to go from here. We know its a bad situation and my dh is not asking for full custody. He wants 50/50 and mom in anger management. An advice appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• the police, fast
    Anonymous

• Go over the case work's head. Go to the person running that branch of Cps, that doesn't work, go to the Regional level and keep taking it higher until some one listens to you. Go to the state level if you have to.
    Anonymous

• call the police whenever abuse occurs, get it documented
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 4:19 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Get the school involved. Teacher have to report any abuse that they see. Make them aware of what is going on so that they can watch for it. And document everything. Write down every phone call, every bruise, every little thing that might be relevant. Have one notebook that you use just for that. Document, document, document. The more you have, the better off you will be. Get written testimonials from non family members. Get everything you can and file it all away until you can use it.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 4:20 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• It sounds like this SD of yours is not in a safe place and she needs to be place where she is gonna be treated like a child, How old is she? You need to call your lawyer and get this child in a safe place until mom can get parenting classes and a sable roof over this child head.

Anonymous

• Dad only asking for 50/50 makes it sound like he does not truly believe there is abuse, why would any parent want their child ot be left to be abused 1/2 of the time!
    Anonymous

• My dh asked for 50/50 becase the caseworker that was on the case at first said we would have a better chance that way and eventually would end up with full.
    Anonymous

• Get the school involved and anyone else . How sad, poor girl :( I hope it get's better.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 8:52 PM on Feb. 8, 2010