Condoms as a birthcontrol method.

Has anyone used condoms as their only method of birth control, if so for how long & how is it working out for you? I just had a baby 3 months ago, before I got pregnant I was on the depo shot for almost 6 years. I don't like the side effects of the shot, mostly the depression is what does it for me & low sex drive. I just want to know if anyone has ever used strictly condoms for a method of birth control & if its possible to use this method for a long time. Your thoughts please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• When used properly condoms are a great form of birth control. Be sure your using the right kind for your husband's size though. I'd also double it with some spermicide or get the ones with spermicide in them.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 4:20 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I used condoms exclusively for 5 years. Everything went well, no side effect,s, no problems.
    Anonymous

• I've had more than one doctor tell me that condoms alone, in real-life practice, are just about 80% effective.

If that percentage doesn't seem high enough for you, then combine the condom with spermicide.
    Anonymous

• I used condoms for 6 years through high school and past, no issues other than i develope an allergy to latex, not from condom use. so that limited me
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 4:21 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• condoms are a great birth control if used regularly and as long as you get the right size and such.

I used them for 2 years without a problem. I only went on the pill to regulate my cycle and other issues, GYN thought YAZ would be a better option for me due to the issues. and honestly I don't trust the pill as my only BC so I still make him wear condoms. The pill for me is just for the other issues.
    Anonymous

• Yes, condoms work well as a form of birth control. However, you might need to try different brands before you find one that's right. Some women are allergic to the spermicide and/or latex used by certain brands, which makes for a very uncomfortable experience.
    LadyJag

Answer by LadyJag at 4:34 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I'm a rubber baby and was twins! Not sure what brand my parents used but .... obviously didnt' work because here I am!
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 5:36 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• we used pull and pray!! not recommended!! but DIDN'T get prego either. I use the pill (plus it keeps my skin clear) depending on how long you want to wait, try the IUD. If you married does your husband or you really want to fool around with a condom all the time, besides that can get costly.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 10:31 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• went back on pill to clear my skin!.. used pull and pray 6 mos.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 10:33 PM on Feb. 8, 2010