any military wives take online colleges?nursing?

we r getting station in campl lejeune. i wanted to go to the college at coastal carolina but the program i wanted to study already began. and the program already started and it wonr begin again till 2011. i was thinking to start taking college classes online. i plan to becoem a nurse. i graduated back in 05 so its been a while and i need to freshen up on stuff. so i wa sowndering if any of you have atke classes online for nursing and if so what classes and what college? i know ill need to go to an actual college at some pint but i wnat to begin taking basic classes. thanks

piwife

Asked by piwife at 4:20 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I'm not a wife with a husband in the military, but I am going to school online for nursing. I graduated in 03, so it's definitely been a while for me, like you! :) Just ease into it little by little. Online courses are time consuming, and sometimes more time consuming than the classes you actually go to campus for. I'm up to working with 3 classes right now, and will try for fulltime next sememster. You can pretty much get most, if not all of your prerequisites done, depeding on what nursing school you want to go to. English, math, etc. More than likely you'll have to go to campus for the science classes. Good luck, and wish you well! xoxoxo
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 4:25 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Go on post to the education center they have collages that offer online courses till clinical then they have a place where you can go to do hands on. I was gonna do online for something medical but its sooo expensive and you have to be careful b/c the accreditation i spoke to a MyCAA person and they advised me to go to the education center also.....goodluck! You know about the 6000 you get from MyCAA to go to school right? its on military onesource at the bottom of the page just in case u didn't know :)
    Armywife510

Answer by Armywife510 at 4:28 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• if you go to your local community college, and just take your online courses from there is shouldn't be any more expensive than regular classes.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 4:29 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• well on post at the education center has the local collages there and they know all about military so that's what i would do if i were you
    Anonymous

• yeah i heard about MyCAA. i havent apply yet, coastal carolina already began the nursing proglram like i said and they dont do online classes for this program till fall 2011. so that sucks alot.

sandyw hat college do you go too
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:34 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I go to Coastal in J-ville! The nursing program is super hard to get into. There are about 250 applicants and they only take 35 students each year. Right now I'm taking my pre-reqs so I can transfer to UNCW for their BSN program. When do you get here? Is your husband Marine or Navy?
    vances_mom

Answer by vances_mom at 6:28 PM on Feb. 8, 2010