What type of school do you have (or will you have) your children enrolled in and why?

Private
Charter
Public
Home school

momov4kids

Asked by momov4kids at 4:29 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My kids are home-schooled, for so many reasons. Best decision I ever made for them.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 7:21 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I fully support public school, with all its flaws. I have negative experiences with people who went to private schools and those who were homeschooled. I also don't think charter schools are organized enough to ensure that students learn what they need to know to be productive members of society when they are done with school.   This is MY why, so people will not agree, and that's fine. I'm a public school teacher (when I'm working anyway) and send my kids to public school.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:32 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• we're in the public catholic system. canada's public catholic that is (its not private up here)
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:33 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Public school because it gives them the same education that other schools would, unless I was paying a few thousand a year. But not everyone can afford that and it isn't necessary. Now if I see a lot of violence or such in their school I may start home schooling or move them to a different school.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:36 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I'm debating Homeschooling my children. I need to do a lot more research on public social acitivities, carriculum, etc. If we don't home school them, then they will go to Public school.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:37 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Public school. The excellent school system is one of the reasons we moved here.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:38 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Public. becuase i have no issues with public school
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 4:39 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• my SKs go to public and my daughter will as well. i am familiar with the school. I can be as involved as needed and can also supplement if needed...i am that annoying parent who asks way too many questions and is kind of over the top when it comes to education. if i could homeschool....the only way i would is if i could make sure that she participated in a lot of extra curriculars so that she got the interaction with other children her age.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 4:40 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Homeschooling. I really do not like what is happening to the public school systems and what is being allowed to be taught. I feel it infringes upon what I want to teach my daughter about morals and values as well as about our religion. I would rather be able to tie it all together myself then rely on the school system that is catering to minorities and hold back those who are ready to move ahead because so and so doesn't get it yet. Or just the opposite, so and so is too far behind, too bad, moving on. And there is no way we could afford private school. I'll just stick to home schooling and hope for the best.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 4:41 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• We moved to a GREAT school district. Have them in public schools.
    Anonymous