Should I have a third child?

My husband and I are trying to decide whether we should have a third child. We have 2 girls who are 5 and 3. I do not have a permanent job and we currently live in a 2 bedroom home. Money would be extremely tight since we would have to pay for daycare for the smaller 2 and after school care for the 5 year old, but we have this feeling that we're not done yet. should we go for the third one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• Maybe just wait a bit if you feel you're not done. I was nice and done at 2.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:42 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I would go for it.

Despite what you see on TV, kids don't need the most expensive clothes, or even their own rooms.
    Anonymous

• I think you should wait until you can afford it more.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 4:42 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• That is a decision only you and your hubby can make.

Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 4:47 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• don't rush into it unless your biological clock is ticking. if you feel that money will be too tight & your children won't be able to live comfortably, then just wait it out until you can be 100% confident that it's the right time. you seem a little doubtful & worried. if the idea of a third child doesn't sit well with you at this time, it's probably not the right time. but if you do decide to go through with it, it won't be impossible. good luck!
    Anonymous

• Thanks for your opinions ladies. I am thinking about a third one now because I don't want a huge age gap but I guess 5 or 6 years in between #2 and #3 is not that bad and I'm 30 so I have time to decide
    Anonymous

• Dont worry about the home being big enough. I think your kids ages are fine to get ready for a third. I think your expenses are your biggest problem to sort out.

I have three and I am pretty busy. I thought two kids was easy but with three kids, Im out-numbered, ya know. lol I really like having three. We are going to have lots of fun. The kids giggle alot and will make memories together....GL to you mama!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 5:34 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• what does your heart say?

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 7:47 PM on Feb. 8, 2010