Anyone else hate Valentines cards (for classmates)

UGH my kindergartner has 21 kids in his class...he is supposed to write "my friend" under the to on the small, itty bitty card and his name under the from. WTF? He can't write that small and to make him do it 21 times? It is torture! We started today and he only has to do six and gosh it is taking forever.

anywho, just wondring what others think of this holiday

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• buy bigger cards next time.
    Anonymous

• I think the holiday is more for older people honestly. My kids daycare wants to have a party and expects parents to show up... I'm like... do you not realize WHY I send them to daycare? Maybe so I can WORK? Lol. Plus, I think Valentines cards for everyone in the class is fair but like I said it is more for older people.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:52 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I don't mind it at all. It is something she loves doing and anything to get her to pratice writing is great.
    Anonymous

• well, I did buy bigger envelopes and he is just writing on the envelope but still ugh all that writing is awful
    Anonymous

• I don't mind the cards, but I wish people would quit sending treats with them to the school. Last year he came home with candy, play doh, ink stamps - all crap he doesn't need. Plus it makes the kids who don't bring anything besides plain valentines feel bad.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:08 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• NotPanicking I'm am so right there with you. They bring home all this crap..and I get to be the bad guy by telling them "No you can't eat 20 pieces of candy today" I don't mind the writing practise but stop already with the treats. My husband and I refuse to participate in Valentines day personally. It feels forced...if you need a holiday to tell or show the one you love that you love them...somethings wrong to begin with.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:18 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• fun for the kids yes but not fun for the parents who have 4 kids who have to write out 15-30 per kid.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 5:21 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I HATE IT! I have always hated vday tho.
    mommy-

Answer by mommy- at 5:46 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• why don't you just write it?
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 5:57 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I LOVE IT!

its great!

and once they get old enough they can write their own stuff on. once they learned some letters they do it anyway.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:03 PM on Feb. 8, 2010