Vehicle Lease Inquiry

So, obviously, vehicle leases aren't a grand idea. I leased a vehicle 3.5 years ago. The maturity date is drawing near. I contacted the company to feel out the different options and they mentioned an early opt-out program as well as a few other things.

Anyone with experience advice on such a program (early opt-out)?

Also, with leases, does the car have to be in excellent condition upon return? I have my signed T/C's- but they're not THAT specific on the condition.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• My sister leased a van once. When she turned it in they docked her for scratches, a small stain on the backseat and 'overly worn carpets" I believe it was about 1500 bucks in damages. SHe had little recourse because of the wording in the contract. I hope yours wasn't nit picky. Early opt-out usually requires you to pay a big fee. All you can do is call the company and ask.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:54 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• We had a lease car once and they didn't have an early out then. The Nissan was a piece of junk and I had to keep it for 4 yrs.
    You are at teh mercy or the company as far as what they choose to charge if they think it is misused or not in the best shape. Also , when we took ours back it had about 25 miles under the miles limit and by the time they got it and assessed it it was over. They charged us for miles we didn't even drive but there was nothing we could do with no proof. I won't lease again thats for sure.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:25 AM on Feb. 9, 2010