What would you say

about a person that would be/has been homicidal after their child was beaten or raped or murdered, as opposed to distraught? Would you say they are just a parent, or would you say they would be a psychopath?
(didn't know which section to post this)

Raine2001

Asked by Raine2001 at 4:53 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I would say they are a distraught parent who is focusing their rage in a non-productive manner and needs psychiatric help... ASAP!

Anonymous

• That's hard to say. The parent could have been through something traumatic that he/she didn't want his/her children to ever experience. Then to have that happen to his/her child... It could be a HUGE trigger.
    I was raped as a child and sexual and mentally abused by the man I thought I loved more than life. Turns out I loved my own life more. I honestly don't know what I would do if anything that like happened to my daughter. If it was bad enough, I might be out for blood. But I would hope that I would be thinking clearly enough to get it through the court system.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 4:58 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I would say they are doing what is natural.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 4:59 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• If someone did that to my child, i would likely be temporarily a psychopath bent on revenge. just saying
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 5:04 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• They are a parent. I know that I would pull a Gary Plauche if something happened to my son at the hands of another. I may go to prison for a little while but the bastard wouldn't live to see another day.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 5:15 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I should have said instead of just distraught. Sooner or later someone will point that out.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. IDK why I think about it so much. I learned more things that happened to my sister by her ex husband. And since I have a daughter, and sons, I think about what I would do. Lots of women compare themselves to a mama bear, I just wondered how far others feel they would go.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 5:26 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

This.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 6:16 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• If a psycho harmed my child, I am not sure but I think most of us moms, along with dads would lose our ability to proceed in a logical manner concerning what would be an unbelievable situation for any of us. In a nightmarish, surreal, situation like that would be, I don't know how anyone would be able to pretend to be normal and go about life as usual. Just thinking about any innocent child being raped, etc., makes me nutZZZ!  These days though, the laws seem to protect the psycho's, so they can murder, rape, abuse, or whatever but if someone were to retaliate, they will probably be put to death because society clamors for sympathy for the psycho...

agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 6:56 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I would say that the people around him/her need to intervene. Homicide doesn't help the child but brings more trauma. This would show the absent of any coping mechanisms. We are such a vindictive society and want to take revenge. There is too large a part of our society that will agree with the homicide in any situation.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:26 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I would hope I could focus and try are NOT go there...but I can say honestly I don't think I could contain myself...someone would have to do , him or me

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:27 PM on Feb. 8, 2010