How do I get my SO to understand!!???

When my DD wakes up in the middles of the night instead of encouraging her to go back to bed (ie:giving her bottle, keeping the light off) he does completely the opposite and even puts the tv on for her!! He even plays with her like it's 4 in the afternoon rather than 4 in the morning. It kills me because she could be up for an hour and sometimes MORE before she gets tired again to go back to bed. What can I do? Short of shooting him, Lol!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• men think differently, just tell him to keep the mood low key so she develops normal sleep habits. if you tell him what he's doing could be hurting her he'll stop
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:10 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• idk
    Anonymous

• LOL...thats exactly why I DON'T let my SO go in her room when she wakes up at night.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:14 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Well ask him this....if you wake up in the middle of the night would it be helpful for you to do the dishes to make you tired enough to fall back asleep? No? well then don't "stimulate" the baby with "awake" activities in the middle of the night because they will have the opposite effect and keep her up rather than sooth her to sleep
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:15 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• If he is the one getting up with her everytime, then I wouldn't worry about it as long as he isn't expecting you to do it. Maybe he just misses her and wants to spend more time with her. I'm not saying it is okay, but hey atleast he is helping out I guess.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 5:23 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Tell him that sleep is super important for a baby's development and it's not healthy to keep her up when she should be asleep. He can play with her in the daytime!! HOWEVER, it's really not the end of the world and if he's the one getting up and putting her back down just be glad you're off the hook!! ;)
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 7:28 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Didn't he take the same newborn care class that you did?
    Anonymous