Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I saw this thing on "Bringing home baby" I want to know what it is, does anyone know???

they had their newborn co-sleeping with them, but they had this little safety bumper thing for her - it was like 2 long foam bts eitherside of the baby to protect her and material attached to each side underneith for her to lay on.... what is it??? where do i get one?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

Answers (6)
  • the store

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

  • They have all different kinds at Babies R' They are sleep positioners. To each there own, but I wouldn't recommend sleeping with your baby. It's not worth the risk of SIDS.

    Answer by moviemom22 at 5:21 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

  • I see ads in every parenting and baby magazine, I don't think they are really a good idea...not only risks for baby, but it just makes it harder to transition baby from your bed to their crib.....IMO, they should be in their crib from day 1.

    Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:24 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

  • I don't have any info. to help you, but I think it sounds cool. I believe in cosleeping at the beginning so it might be something I'll need to look into later.

    Answer by mazonmom at 6:09 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

  • I think you are talking about a snuggle nest. Or at least that's one brand of them. If cosleeping works for you and your family, then go for it, just make sure to do it safely. Cosleeping doesn't increase the risk of SIDS. UNSAFE cosleeping can increase the risk of suffocation though.

    Answer by Krysta622 at 6:44 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

  • It is a co-sleeper. We had a very simple one, kind of like a soft fence.

    Answer by rkoloms at 8:01 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.