Baby movement?

I'm 29 weeks and my son has been really active and for the last two days I haven't felt him kick or move. I kind of feel a flutter but thats it. I have tried to lay on my side and drink something cold and sweet and it doesn't help. Does anyone have any ideas of anything else that I can try?

leemarie18

Asked by leemarie18 at 5:23 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• go to the doctor, call him/her now and see what he says.
    Anonymous

• maybe let the baby sleep?
    Anonymous

• maybe let the baby sleep?
    ------------

umm, it's been 2 days, run to the doctors, now!
    Anonymous

• you should def. call the doctor.. they will probably send you to labor and delivery to monitor the baby. GL
    Rjmjpappy

Answer by Rjmjpappy at 6:32 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I went through this exact same thing around the same time as you. I was freaking out! I went to L&D and they did a Non Stress Test and found everything was fine. It really eased my mind. GO to L&D right away jst to make sure he is ok, you will feel better about it when your done.
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 7:03 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Yes you need to go to labor and delivery I had this happen and it turned out I was having serious contractions and I couldn't feel them, they gave me an IV and a shot to stop the contractions, and then they fed me a bunch of sugar to get her excited and moving. You should have gone in before now, this is why you do kick counts 10 kicks an hour or go to the hospital.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:14 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I would call your doctor. Hopefully everything is alright. Don't feel bad about the kick counts thing...I'm 29 weeks too and my doctor doesn't have me counting kicks until i'm 32 weeks. Let us know how it goes.
    MommaRikard

Answer by MommaRikard at 8:51 PM on Feb. 8, 2010