i dont want to babysit anymore

where can i drop this kid off? i cant get a hold of the parents, and i have better things to do besides listen to the child scream

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• the parents will come pick the kid up today......don't babysit anymore...I wouldnt, but I'd at least give the parents the respect of finishing the day out and letting them know you will not be able to do it after today......if its affecting your sanity and happiness its not worth it.
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 6:09 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• fire dept., hosp., social services
    Anonymous

• well until you can get a hold of the parents you are legally responsible for the kid. If the screaming's getting to you put it somewhere safe, turn on some music, give it some toys & walk away. go do something else for a bit, you sound overwhelmed. Keep trying to get a hold of the parents. Are you sure its not hungry, tired, poopy? if you done all the typical things & its still screaming then time for you to take a time out from the hollarer. Let the parents know that you don't wanna watch the kid anymore.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 5:26 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• haha...did the baby I babysit for just get dropped off to you? I get so relieved when they come to pick him up...all he does is scream and cry...and they say nothing is wrong with him. I have tried everything! Even the other kids I watch cover thier ears and ask what is wrong with this baby.
    Anonymous

• I agree with Nyx7.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 5:27 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• this kid, all it does is cry for no reason.
    Anonymous

• Have you tried to call the parents? If you did get them what is their option for this dilema??? Can you get them on a cell, or leave one of the parents a page, some cells usually give a pager option, just do that first, then get a neighbor to come help, I don['t know what else to tell you, but if it's getting too awful to hear, take the child to the E>R>
    Anonymous

• Are you serious??? you told them you was going to watch him. You should know that there is a chance that that the kid YOU offered to watch may scream kids do that. So stop whineing a watch him until his parent show up. and never watching again. If you had better things to do then dont offer! if i found out someone droped my son off somewhere you better believe i will be pissed!!!
    Anonymous

• are you kidding???
    Anonymous

• Yeah, do that check off list of tired, poopy, etc, and if its teething, tell the parents however and see if it's in need of some medication they forgot. Or is their a fever???? Check for a fever, I would anyway..... All you can do is try stuff. Baby's can't help this, you know what I'm saying??
    Anonymous