I need a great kids book on NASA's use of robotics

I'm trying to curb my son's Star Wars obsession into something a little more real. I thought a good book on satellites, rovers and robotic arms would really interest him! He LOVES robots.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• Cars on Mars:Roving the red planet. I don't remember who wrote it but it's a great book. It has lots of pictures and talkes about the rovers like they have personalities.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:49 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• whats your question. ummm library.
    Anonymous

• NASA has a good kids site online. we live in Fl so we recently took ds, very cool.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 5:32 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• OP:: yeah I have been trying to navigate through NASA's sight (just now) Still sorting through it all to find what I need.
    I was hoping someone would just have a suggestion to speed up the process. I am fully aware of how libraries work.
    Anonymous

• How old is he? Is he too young to read "I Robot" by Isacc Azimov? (absolutely nothing like the movie at all btw) Great, great book. He also might enjoy "Enders Game" by Orson Scott Card.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 7:57 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Curb his Star Wars obsession? What is wrong with Star Wars? Generations of boys have enjoyed Star Wars and it has piqued the imaginations of millions! What is there that is harmful in Star Wars?

If you think Star Wars is a problem wait till your son discovers the things out there that are way worse....holy smokes. You better prepare yourself early.
    Anonymous

• OP: My son is Autistic and has a serious obsession with Star Wars. It is all he eats sleeps and plays. There is nothing wrong with start wars but if it something is going to come up in every conversation I would rather it have some bearings in real life. I have no problem with star wars in it's self I am just hoping to use that obsession with something that is fictional to move it into something that is not. You can't possibly understand and I don't expect any one to but this is my choice for my son.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:18 AM on Feb. 9, 2010