Should Poster of a question should have the ability to manage answers?

I mean as far as bumping answers tot he top or deleting ones that are not helpful, irrelevant or rude but not really rude enough to report. I think it would help with some of the unnecessary drama and possibly help the admin.'s keep petty complaints down.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Yeah there's only an option to report an answer, not delete it. Bummer. I think it would be something good for the "trolls" to keep them at bay. But simply because someone does not see your point of view i don't think that warrants you the right to delete their opinion.

It may not be helpful to you, but might help someone else in whatever situation you post. That's why there is a best answer feature, so you pick the most helpful of all the answers for your particular question.That's more or less like asking someone's opinion, they take the time and thought to answer you and then doing what you wanted to do anyway which in my opinion is kind of rude too. My SO does that alot he'll ask me a question wants my opinion and then he does what he wants anyway. So why ask me?
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 5:54 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• hermmmmm
    Anonymous

• no- because then things would be skewed the way the posster wanted them you know? How would I learn anything in religion and beliefs if we could do this? I mean we can pick the answer we think is best for our question- I think that's good enough...though it might be interesting if the best answer could be voted on!
    I think people would over-use the option if you know what I mean
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:41 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• *poster

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:42 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• ha no
    Anonymous

• err NO
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 5:44 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Yeah- I get tried of reading all of the none of your business crap or the stupid defensive answers that haev missed the point of the question asked. I asked at what age I could get my daughters ears pierced and it turned into a debate/fight about whether ears should be pierced at all. NO ONE answered the actual question! lol
    Anonymous

• No way, (not you OP just general)take responsibility for posting on the internet. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how far off. Sometimes what we want to hear and what we need to hear are two different things. And I think you wouldn't get so many honest answers if you did that. I just ignore the rude ones. I don't need a delete button on my computer, I have one in my mind lol>
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 5:46 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• They can delete answers.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:47 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• NM you used to be able to delete answers I guess they removed that. I think that it wouldn't be fair to the people who put thought into their answers whether you agree with them or not.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 5:48 PM on Feb. 8, 2010