Is V8 juice good 4 a 2yrd old?

She will eat her fruits but, the vegies are a problem. She spits them out every time. so im thinking of giving her v8.

Bless2haveU

Asked by Bless2haveU at 6:06 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yes, it's very healthy.

and honestly, fruits vs veggies doesn't really matter, it's all the same food group. If she doesn't like veggies, trade in some fruit.
    The key is to each a rainbow! red veggie=red fruit kind of idea.
    Anonymous

• my son loves it and he's 3....v8 low sodium and v8 mix blends....they're all great!
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 6:13 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Yeah it is good for them but good luck I don't know how well that will go, but I think I will try that with my DD I never thought of it thanks for the idea.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:15 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• My 5 yr old loves the v8 fusion with the friut, , my 2 yr old wont touch it.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 6:17 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• It has a lot of pesticides; the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends following the Environmental Working Groups guide to pesticides in produce for at least the first six years of a child's life: www.ewg.org

Give your child fruits with yogurt dip, fresh veggies with hummus or salad dressing, cooked whole wheat pasta and veggies with marinara or peanut sauce or cheese sauce.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:53 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I tried it the v8 fusion strawberry banana with my 19 month old son just a few days ago. I mixed it with half water just like I do with regular juice. He drank 1 8oz cup of it and he ended up getting diaherra really bad, so i won't be giving that to him again!
    Amanda704

Answer by Amanda704 at 10:59 PM on Feb. 8, 2010