Cervical Ripening...

If the hospital Ripens your Cervix around how much does it cost if the insurance doesn't pay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:07 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have no clue, insurance should cover that.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:14 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Well they will most likely want to use Cytotec which they are NOT SUPPOSED TO USE AND YOU NEED TO REFUSE IT! PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH ON CYTOTEC ASAP!!

The Cervidil which is safe is about 300 dollars plus the cost of the hospital stay.

I honestly would go to the store and buy a bottle of Evening Prime Rose Oil. Have your DH place 2 capsules on your cervix or as close to it as he can get tonight. Then place another 2 in 12 hours from now. And then 1 every 6 hours after that for the next 2 days. This will really help ripen your cervix.

My doctor had me do this and I went drom a 1 and 10% effaced to a 2.5 and 50% effaced. After another day of doing it I was a 3.5 and 90% effaced. I went into labor the next day.
    Anonymous