Boy's And Their Obsession With Their Genitals....HELP!

Hello Fellow Mama's, Its been a long time since ive been on here...i miss it! Anyhow..who better to ask but all of you...my 3 yr old is annoyed, obsessed, and upset over getting an erection. I know this is normal but is it normal to contantly have this problem and if so is their any suggestions to help him?? Since I never really babysat boys or had a brother, i am not sure how to help him or what to say bc its a constant issue. He says "it hurts" in public, anywhere. His dad is not in the picture and i try to ask my dad but he just tells him to ignore it and had nerve to tell him to cut it off(joking) but now thats what he says he wants to do. Please HELP!! I dont know how to help in this situation. Thank You gal's!!

1lovelymama

Asked by 1lovelymama at 6:09 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i have two boys and they are 3 and 5. My oldest did this for a long time and would say "look mom" and show me.....so I would tell him to leave it alone.....they usually don't but now at the age of 5 he's stopped. My 3 year old is now in the same phase......I think its a boy phase...they should generally grow out of it....(for the most part lol)
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 6:12 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• thanks for letting me know what's ahead for me. i've got twin boys...ugh...this is going to be fun...NOT! lol
    Anonymous

• I have two boys 4 and 1 and I really don't notice them getting erections very often. I know they get them, but I never notice when they do. I tell them that private parts are just for them and they need to leave it alone if anyone can see them. It seems to work for them and they don't grab themselves in front of me very much at all.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 6:22 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• my son got really scared the first time he seen it up his daddy wasent home so i just told him it was normal and maybe it will help if he tried to pee it was the early mornin but since then his dad told him it was ok to touch it just not in front of enyone u dont want to further scare him or make him feel ashamed just let him know he can play in the shower it helped my 3 yr old and belive me thet boy plays in the shower
    Anonymous