How long did you breastfeed for?

I am a mom of 2 month old triplets and a 1-year old and I have been breastfeeding them for their whole lives. For my 1 year old, I pump and put it into her nighttime bottle. I just feel like there isn't any formula like breast milk, gotta love those extra vitamins and minerals!!

katfranz111

Asked by katfranz111 at 6:24 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• still nursing at 20 months old. Best thing I ever did for myself and my daughter.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 6:29 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• 18 mos
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 6:37 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I started out breast feeding my baby. It was going fine. The doc said he also needs extra vitamins so I have to supplement with formula. I mix half breast milk half formula. So, now I just pump. Honestly, I hate pumping. I don't want to breast feed though because I'm afraid he won't get enough to eat. He always falls asleep after 5 minutes.
    Anonymous

• About 14 mos with my oldest, and my youngest is 30 months and still nurses at bedtime.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:41 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I did it until my son was around 7-8 months off and on with a bottle of formula, and now that he's 10 months he's drinking 3% milk.
    Anonymous

• About 12 months with each of the older two and 15 months with the youngest.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:47 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• 8 months and going strong! Hoping to go to 24+ months :)
    vances_mom

Answer by vances_mom at 6:50 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Baby boy 1 - milk dried up at 10 months (I worked 2 jobs and went to school) he got formula and breastmilk

Baby boy 2- milk dried up at 8 months he got SOME formula not as much as baby 1

Baby boy 3-milk dried up at 7-9 months can't remember lol he barely got formula too

Baby boy 4-still nursing. He is 27 months. I didn't dry up. He is the only one that I made it to 1 yr. I am a work at home mom now and this is why it didn't dry up Woot Woot!! However, I am past ready to quit but leaning towards self weaning.
    GDIMOM

Answer by GDIMOM at 6:55 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Oh and baby 4 did not get formula.
    GDIMOM

Answer by GDIMOM at 6:56 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I'm on month 8 and my goal is to make it to at least 1 year...
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 7:00 PM on Feb. 8, 2010