Eye sight

so, i have heard when your pregnant your eyesight can get messed up. How early would this usually start?? im 2 months and My eye sight is really blurry and fuzzy...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:31 AM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Usually your eyesite will change more toward the last trimester. I work for an eye doc and he says to wait till after baby arrives and then have your eyes checked. It usually changes back after the hormones slow down
    McKinleysMom7

Answer by McKinleysMom7 at 3:51 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• So other than USUALLY, is there a chance it could happen now? i have perfect vision!! never had any eye problems....then all of a sudden BAM!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:55 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• yes your eyesight could be going haywire now. The fluctuation of hormonres and extra blood is what causes it. I went to my eye doctor when I was about two months along and they refused to do an eyeexam til after birth.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:59 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Do you have gestational diabetes? If your blood sugar runs high, it affects your eyesight usually sudden onset like that. One day its perfect, and then the next you can't see squat. My eye doc won't do a refraction (give an eyeglass rx) if your blood sugar is running high. If you come in w/it high and then it goes down, the rx wont be right.
    McKinleysMom7

Answer by McKinleysMom7 at 2:05 AM on Jun. 30, 2008