Is this suppost to hurt this bad??? I miss my son so much!

My son is almost three months old and tonight I let him go stay with my mom for the first time. (the first time he has been away from me since birth other than short hours) I am crying and I can't even enjoy the freedom without him I miss him so much all I want to do is go get him and bring him home!!! How do I cope because I know If I go get him It will only be harder on us both later.....Please let me know what I should do!

tiffandgene2009

Asked by tiffandgene2009 at 6:37 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe just call your mom to see how your baby is going. Otherwise I don't know what to tell you as I know I'm not ready to be away from my baby overnight and he is 6 months, my older son spent the night w/ my mom for the first time when he ws 3 yrs old. GL and hope you enjoy your freedom.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 6:40 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I think what you are feeling is normal, and if I were you, I'd either go pick up the baby, or spend the night there also.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:40 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• was that way too I called their house every 15 minutes the first time, my hubby had to take me out and try and distract me, it was soooooooo hard but it does get easier.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:46 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• It's normal. :) Not fun, but normal.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:46 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• you may have a touch of ppd,it intensifies your feelings and can make you cry really easy..
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 6:48 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Man, I don't know if I could have done that when mine was 3 months old. The first time I was away from him for more than a couple of hours was last month, when my SO took him up to Oregon to visit his mom.... He was 16 months, heh. They were gone for 3 days, and I was climbing the walls after a couple of hours! It's perfectly normal to feel the way you do, believe me. And it sucks!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:50 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Don't beat yourself up for feeling like this, it's totally normal. Just take a deep breath and relax. Your little one is fine! I totally understand - my dd is 8 months and I've only left her a couple of times and it's not easy at all. I'm sure your Mom is thrilled to be babysitting! Just think of it as a favor to her :) You'll be fine!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 7:24 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Go get your baby. There is nothing wrong with this...

Answer by rkoloms at 7:36 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• seriously, if you want to go get your baby, do it -there is no NEED for him to be away from you overnight.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 8:20 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Go get the baby. You're not ready for this...and that's COMPLETELY normal. I don't know where people get this idea that mothers MUST be separated from their babies; it's optional and you can certainly opt out.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:28 PM on Feb. 8, 2010