Pregnancy Pillow or no??? REALLY need answers

I am 34 weeks pregnant and having the hardest time sleeping at night. Right now I am using 2 body pillows, one on each side so I can switch from one side to the other. The problem is, is that this is not doing the trick, I hurt so bad and am hardly sleeping. My question is: Should I invest in a pregnancy pillow??? Do these really work and if so which one??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Never had one, I'm 30 wks and still use the body ones, but honestly I wake up to find myself asleep on my tummy :( good luck!
    Jeda624

Answer by Jeda624 at 6:40 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I have one it works for now, but that far along NOTHING really works, what I did is took the big back cushion off my couch and used it to prop me up on my back with a fluffy pillow under my knees. Sitting up is the only way to relieve the pain and pressure the right way, and it stops your pubic bone from compressing at night and popping and causing ungodly pain.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:41 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I've never had a body pillow with aany of my 4 pregnancies. With my last one I did get a small wedge pillow that I put behind my back so I wouldn't roll flat on my back, but i still rolled onto that. I found that sometimes sleeping in a recliner would help a little bit. GL you are getting to the end.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 6:43 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I LOVED my boppy pregnancy pillow, still use it to cuddle around the baby. I like it better than my body pillow cuz its like 2 pillows sewn together so you can move the pieces around till you find your comfort spot. The body pillow I have was too big & bulky for me to get as comfy. After you have the baby you can use it as the nursing pillow also.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 7:20 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• I HATED my boppy pregnancy pillow.. too firm under the head and not enough cushion under the belly or between the knees. I heard Snoogle makes a good one.. so far the only thing that works for me are at least 4 pillows... one or 2 for my back, one for my head, a soft one for under my belly, and one for between my knees
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 8:16 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Hardly seems worth the investment at this point. Got a recliner?? try sleeping there.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:14 PM on Feb. 8, 2010