Sippy Cup

What sippy cup did you have the best luck with transitioning from a bottle?

mommykara08

Asked by mommykara08 at 6:49 PM on Feb. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The gerber soft spout with handles. Just remember to be patient they will do it it takes a few weeks at most and it will be ok.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:52 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• My DD started those at 6 months, then at 9 months we switched to a harder spout, then at a year a true hard spout, and now at 19 months she can drink out of a regular cup, but we don't do that often she tends to make a mess, and play in her cup.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:53 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• Most doctors recommend not to even go to a sippy cup... BUT.. I've heard Avent makes nice ones with a soft spout and you can change it to a harder one when they get older. I used a nuby with my son and loved it. They make so many now these days... I'd look around and buy a couple different ones and see which one your baby likes. Good luck
    johnston0609

Answer by johnston0609 at 7:15 PM on Feb. 8, 2010

• We tried a bunch of different ones and spent a lot of money on them. The ones we found that were the best were the take and toss reusable/throwaway ones. You can pick them up at walmart in a 4 pack for 3 dollars. You can washthem or just throw them out. I wish I knew she would do best on that before I spent the money on the others. It is a hard spout with no handles but the take and toss does have ones with handles.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:24 PM on Feb. 8, 2010